View in browser
My friend Peter St. Onge just pointed out in his newsletter that the average new car just hit $50,000.

I could easily turn that into an issue of my own newsletter.

But instead of that, I'm going to share something happy today.

Back in 2020, I stared holding house parties for members of my Supporting Listeners program -- specifically because the Covid lockdowns were both useless and soul-crushing, and I wanted people to be able to interact like human beings again if only for a night.

People flew from all over the United States to attend these parties. They were something to remember.

Eventually, I transformed the house parties into an annual Christmas party. These parties are great: a chef (now it's a team of three chefs) prepares us all a meal, and although people are welcome to socialize throughout the house and outdoors and are not obligated to play the game I host, we've had a blast playing old classics: like Match Game, What's My Line (not Whose Line Is It Anyway, a different game), and this year, $25,000 Pyramid.


Here's the meal the chefs will be preparing for us:

Appetizers
LAMB DUMPLING
Red pepper, parsley, roasted garlic yogurt, pomegranate
PEPPERCORN CRUSTED AHI TUNA
Tri colored peppercorn, celeriac-apple puree, potato gaufrette, scallion
CHEESE DISPLAY
Assorted imported and domestic cheese & accoutrements
FRUIT DISPLAY
Assorted fruit and dips

Salad
BABY KALE AND ROMAINE CAESAR
Duck fat croutons, Grana Padano, crispy capers, classic Caesar cressing

Entrees
COFFEE AND PEPPER CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
Bordelaise
CIDER BRINED PORK LOIN
Fig, port, whole grain mustard

Sides
POTATO PAVÉ
Rosemary, olive oil, vegetable stock
CREAMED SPINACH
Pecorino Romano, cream, nutmeg
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
Maple, whole grain dijon, garlic, fresh herbs

Desserts
VANILLA BEAN AND TANGERINE PANNA COTTA
Mixed berry compote, Amaretto Creme Anglaise
MAPLE WALNUT SPICE CAKE
Brown butter maple glaze, candied walnut

Want to be there? Who wouldn't? It's a great meal with plenty of socializing with like-minded people, and everyone has a great time.

It's an unannounced bonus for my Supporting Listeners (it's so unannounced it's not even listed at the link below).

Reserve your spot before it fills up, as it does every year:

 

https://www.SupportingListeners.com


Tom Woods

 






This email was sent to dianaaudrey@gmail.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Tom Woods · PO Box 701447 · Saint Cloud, FL 34770 · USA