I'll tell you the most boring political issue there is, and why it's destined to become the most, well, interesting.
"Government spending."
Maybe in the 1980s there was some serious interest in reining in government spending, even if there was no political will to do it. Today? Nobody cares.
Nobody cares because people would rather vote themselves money than "cut government spending."
Nobody cares because even the "Tea Party" of 15 years ago could find only one area of government spending a majority of them wanted to cut, and that was the minuscule portion of the budget that goes to foreign aid.
Nobody cares because by now everyone has figured out that it simply isn't going to happen.
Should they care? Of course. But that's not the question.
Well, this morning our old friend Peter Schiff wrote the following:
"In a few years the national debt will be $50 trillion. If by then we pay 8% interest, the annual bill will be $4 trillion, and annual budget deficits will likely be $7 trillion. How will we pay for that? Triple the income tax? Eliminate all entitlements and most federal programs?"
Ron Paul warned that this day would come, and suggested that the best way to cope with it was to try to adapt immediately so we could have the softest possible landing, rather than have to introduce radical changes all at once.
Nobody wanted that. They wanted flattering slogans.
This is the situation in which the great Larry Lepard, in his important book The Big Print, says the Fed will be reduced to having to do just that: a massive money-printing binge. There will be no other course of action left.
I mentioned yesterday that since 2020 the dollar has lost a mind-boggling 29 percent of its value.
Imagine what happens during the big print.
I am not the financial newsletter guy who puts out crazy headlines in all caps trying to scare people to death. You know that.
But I think we do need to be intensely concerned about this.
This isn't one of those sky-is-falling predictions that never comes true. This one has to come true.
And the normie is going to get killed.
What will have been the point of being a dissident if, when the big print comes, you and I wind up no better off than the average person?
I know someone who was a Bitcoin proponent to the point of almost being obnoxious. Then Bitcoin had its enormous spike. She was surely a millionaire now. Except no: she owned no Bitcoin at all.
We can do better than that.
Here's a course of action that not only won't cost you a cent, but will also give you plenty of solid options to consider when thinking about how you yourself plan to shelter your family through what is inevitably coming: the online summit Joe Withrow (a member of one of my mastermind programs) is putting on.
I strongly urge you to attend -- this is a case of: there's no one coming to save us, so let's learn from the smarties in our own world.
So we're talking gold, Bitcoin, stocks, real estate, mortgage notes, royalties, macro analysis, tax structure, and privacy -- in one week, from people who actually work in each of those markets.
I've known some of these people for years: Neal McSpadden hosted a tax masterclass for me, Marc Tancer is the coin dealer I bought the silver rounds from that I used as prizes aboard the Tom Woods Cruise last month, I've had dinner in Buenos Aires with Nick Giambruno, Wesley Schlemmer has spoken at one of my conferences -- these are good and reliable guys, I assure you.
Not only is this online summit free to attend, but it was actually my idea, and I'm thrilled Joe decided to run with it.
Register right away, because this time the you-know-what really will hit the fan:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home