Whenever there's an issue being discussed all over social media -- like the Lindsay Clancy trial, but we can think of dozens of others -- I hear some group (sometimes libertarians, sometimes other dissidents) lecturing everyone: this issue is a "distraction" and we shouldn't spend time on it!
Or whenever some kind of scandal hits, I hear: "What are they trying to distract us from with this?"
Well, sometimes things just happen, and aren't manufactured by the Rothschilds to "distract" us.
And the fact is, much as I'd like to think people would have been meditating on the evils of central banking had it not been for Lindsay Clancy distracting them, my confidence in mankind is not quite high enough to believe that.
However:
People who comment on social media all day do run the risk of being distracted in another, much more important way.
We live in a world in which the major institutions can't stand the sight of us. We therefore need every advantage we can get. Cultivating those advantages is more important than having an opinion on every little thing going on in the world.
Well, the old man here has a few skills to share, and right now the chief one has to do with this:
If you want to get what you want in life -- and not just in politics; I'm talking about in your professional life, your various passions and hobbies, the causes you believe in, whatever -- you need to be able to communicate effectively. Period. Not debatable.
I am good at that.
I can walk into a room full of strangers, and an hour later have them standing on their feet cheering.
Not because I'm a professional "public speaker." I would never want to do that. But because I know how to grab hold of a room, keep its attention, and make the people in it see things the way I do.
(I won a debate on secession at the freaking Yale Political Union, for crying out loud.)
Most of you reading this now don't speak to large groups, because you have no need to. And that's fine. But what I'm going to teach you applies well beyond the big ballroom speech you may never deliver.
I know some of you have years of experience in something, and when the time comes to convey why it all matters, you can't seem to make it land.
I have a friend who's built something amazing, and I'm going to help him promote it. But when he speaks, whether in boardrooms or ballrooms, he gets polite applause and then nothing happens.
I'm going to show him what's going wrong, and then he is going to be the martinet of his own fiefdom.
This Saturday, in an encore presentation, I'm going to help you bridge the gap between "I hope that went okay" to something big happened as a result. Every last thing I'm teaching you this Saturday I will someday impart to this little guy, 9-month-old Henry Woods, pictured here in a photo taken today at Hamleys, the iconic London toy store.
In fact, I hope you impart them to your own children someday.
I would like to impart the handful things I excel in to people in my tribe, so to speak, because the institutions are against us and if we don't help each other, who is going to help us?
There is no reason not to want to acquire this skill, and I am going to give you the best presentation you'll ever see on it, for free.
You and I cannot single-handedly fix Yale University. We cannot slash federal bureaucracies. But we can make ourselves into forces to be reckoned with, and which can move the hearts of men towards the things we care about.
You live once. Make the most of it. Reserve your spot, and let's open those invisible doors for you:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home